Thank you for considering my practice for your post-master’s supervision.
Please click "here" for more information pertaining to supervision.
Clinical supervision has two basic, simultaneous goals:
- Development of clinical skills
- Improving client welfare
To achieve both, I strive to create a safe learning environment. Thus, supervision:
- Matches your level of experience and your therapeutic abilities
- Includes, discussion about how cultural context (ours, yours, and the client’s) affects the clinical and supervisory relationships
- Is sensitive to your personal goals as a clinician
- Is consistent with how you conceptualize client issues theoretically
- Challenges and supports you throughout
- Treats you with respect
My goal is simple: empower you to develop a strong sense of professional identity, a high level of clinical skills, and a strong ethical foundation on which to build your professional practice.
Please note, supervision is not personal therapy. Rather, I model therapeutic discussions to help you understand your reactions to clients, counseling, or supervision that may affect your effectiveness as a clinician and assist you in your clinical development. If it becomes evident, that individual counseling would be of value, we will offer you a referral. It’s not unusual for early career counselors to seek personal counseling.